Neretva Photo Safari and Hidden Sandy Beach
Designed for and travelled by BS and family!
Starting from Split or surrounding villages south of Split, and heading even more south, in sunny valley of Neretva river! Neretva is famous for interesting wildlife, hidden in its swampy delta. Local specialities include famous eel goulash and frogs! Neretva is a river to have a boat ride on, observe birds and other local wildlife have great meal.
As a contrast of this hot part of Croatia River Neretva, is too cold to swim in! That is the reason that we start a tour with a visit to a hidden, and most beautiful sandy beach in Croatia! Having a bath in this to extraordinary long sandbar, in shallow water and small sand is special also because from one side of sandbar is Neretva river, and other side is sea!
Around noon, further 30min drive to Vid and boarding old wooden boat “Neretvanska lađa” where your friendly host will greet you with local specialties, Dalmatian ham and cheese and strong alcoholic drink “Rakija”.
Your trip continues with a boat ride through swampy area of Neretva, where there is a chance to observe birds and other wildlife, and dip your hands to cold river for refreshment.
After a boat ride, your tasty local speciality lunch waits for you just near the shore of river. After lunch, there is an option for you to visit Narona archaeological museum or return to starting point.
- 9:00 Drive from accommodation near Split (2h)
- Swim on hidden sandy beach (kitesurf option)
- Drive to Vid, Narona
- Boarding a boat, welcome drink and snack
- Boat ride, photo safari
- 14:00 lunch on the river shore
- Optional visit to Narona archaeological museum
- Afternoon return to Split (around 20:00)
- Min No of persons: 2
- Max No of persons: 15
- Availability: May-October
- Duration: Whole day
- From: Split, Tučepi and surrounding villages
- Type: GUIDED boat/culinary/relax tour
- On unfavourable weather conditions - no swimming on beach!
- English speaking local guide (from Makarska or meeting in Opuzen)
- Full menu lunch – local delicacy options to choose & 1 drink
- Welcome drink and snack
- Boat ride – photo safari
- Google maps directions for self driving to Opuzen
- Transfer (available for organization! PLEASE note in advance)
- Extra drinks
- Visit to Narona museum (possible to organize!)
- Kitesurfing option
- Gratuities (optional)
- Sandy beach with river Neretva on one side and sea on the other side of sandbar Sandy beach with river Neretva on one side and sea on the other side of sandbar
- Take your beach accessories to enjoy hidden sandy beach Take your beach accessories to enjoy hidden sandy beach
- View from the beach View from the beach
- Wellcome on the boat with delicious Dalmatian food and drinks! Wellcome on the boat with delicious Dalmatian food and drinks!
- Short stop on our safari boat ride to visit small island in the swamp Short stop on our safari boat ride to visit small island in the swamp
- Wildlife observing Wildlife observing
- Typical scenery on Neretva delta Typical scenery on Neretva delta
- Wooden boat ride through yellow lotuses Wooden boat ride through yellow lotuses
- Photo shooting on the ride Photo shooting on the ride
- Relaxing ride with family Relaxing ride with family
Unless noted otherwise all photos are property of Natural Croatia