Hike and Culinary Adventure in Undiscovered Dalmatia
Hike epic and undiscovered trails in Dalmatia! Taste the adventure, wilderness and touch of native experience while exploring local gardens and creating your own souvenirs in the local household in Biokovo Mountain. One day hike high above the sea, having the sea and islands view getting better with every step you make, and cultural Blaca hike on Island Brač finishing with a magnificent view on famous Bol and delicious lunch with a view on Biokovo trail just hiked a day before!
Every day awaits new activity combined with another Croatian specialty. Explore cuisine and nature of Dalmatia starting from Split, with famous Diocletian palace, continuing to Makarska Riviera (the nicest beaches in Croatia!) and finishing in Dubrovnik, the gem of Adriatic! Accommodation is all the time in magnificent villa on the beach, with sea view from every room!
There is a chance to meet snakes, wild chamois and make the best-ever pictures with a views on the most beautiful beaches in the world. Ideal chance to taste frog or eel, Dalmatian “peka” or roasted lamb. Ride in a classic old boat “Neretvanska lađa”, hike to Red and Blue lakes and tour in magic UNESCO site of Mostar - adventure is on menu every day!
Welcome dinner at evening.
Hermitage Blaca is our second tentative list UNESCO World Heritage site. With its interesting history you will see how Glagolitic monks that lived there created a monastery from the cave, were passing the ownership of monastery and their knowledge from generation to generation. Fascinating is how much they were self-sustaining, producing their own wine, olive oil and even honey! With all that, they were well-known astronomers, owning few telescopes, their own library, and school for kids in villages nearby. We have a guided tour in Blaca, and hike back to starting point (1,5 h walk).
After Blaca it is time for Vidova gora panoramic view, one of the best views on Croatian coast! Vidova gora is the highest peak of all islands in Adriatic, and imagine the panoramic view right above beautiful famous beach in Bol – “Zlatni rat”. After enjoying “Vidova gora”, we hurry to lunch to have taste adventure of the day on Brač! We enjoy our delicious lunch in magnificent restaurant with view on Split. After lunch it time to go back and board a ferry to Makarska and transfer back to Tučepi. (B, L)
Legend says that blue lake created an angel when he saw the beauty of Red lake and dropped a tear - a blue tear that created Blue Lake.
It does look like made by angels!
After hike to Blue Lake, another hike awaits to see the red lake, called red because of its steep red walls. After hiking, a local speciality of the day waits! After lunch, transfer to Tučepi.
Dinner at evening. (B, L, D)
We will be visiting a local farm and experiencing local gardens, and learning how the food is grown in ecological way. Depending on season, there will be a chance to taste some fruits from garden.
After garden visit, we will have chance to create our own souvenir! Made from homegrown herbs and Adriatic sea salt – unique way to prepare and bring souvenir home with a touch of Croatia for your friends.
Transfer to lunch and free afternoon and evening. (B, L)
After museum visit is safari - boat trip on Neretva, also known as "lađa", the traditional boat of the Neretva valley. Boarding “lađa”, tasting delicious cheese, ham and “rakija” (strong alcoholic drink, traditionally homemade, can be made with herbs or with sour cherry).
On our ride, there is an opportunity to see many kinds of birds that live in this ontologically rich area and the water is so fresh and cold that you would not dare to jump in! We return for traditional taste adventure of a day served right near the river. Your chance to try frogs and eel!
Depending on the season – we can visit tangerine plantation and experience tangerines harvesting.
Transfer to Tučepi and free for dinner. (B, L)
- Min No of persons: 2
- Max No of persons: 14
- Availability: from 1.April to 10.June and from 1.September to 15.November
- Duration: 8 days
- From: Split or Dubrovnik
- Type: GUIDED walking tour
- Activity Level: 3 – Moderate.
|PRICE FROM (From 2 persons)||On request|
- Professional English speaking guide
- 7 nights in Villa Ban
- All tickets and entrances noted in program
- All transfers
- All meals noted in program (B-breakfast, P- picnic, L–Lunch, D-dinner)
- Water (please take your bottles)
- Backpack (on request)
- Walking sticks (on request)
- Dubrovnik tour or walls entrance
- Optional tours
- Gratuities (optional)
- Rewarding view from Biokovo on island Brac and Hvar Rewarding view from Biokovo on island Brac and Hvar
- Blaca Hermitage on islands Brac fascinating self-sustaining monastery Blaca Hermitage on islands Brac fascinating self-sustaining monastery
- Unforgettable view from Dubrovnik walls Unforgettable view from Dubrovnik walls
- Dalmatian hinterland undiscovered beauty Dalmatian hinterland undiscovered beauty
- UNESCO protected Mostar bridge UNESCO protected Mostar bridge
- Neretva photo safari in ladja with delicious food! Neretva photo safari in ladja with delicious food!
- Olive gathering and traditional production in Dalmatia Olive gathering and traditional production in Dalmatia
- Old stone house in Podgora, below Biokovo Old stone house in Podgora, below Biokovo
- Split with its famous Diocletian palace Split with its famous Diocletian palace
- Split view from the sea Split view from the sea
- View from Vidova gora, Brac on Zlatni rat and Hvar View from Vidova gora, Brac on Zlatni rat and Hvar