Hike and Culinary Adventure in Undiscovered Dalmatia
Hike epic and undiscovered Via Dinarica trail in Dalmatia! Taste the adventure, wilderness and touch of native experience while cooking with locals in the old stone house in Biokovo Mountain. Adventure for your body, mind and taste, 8 days – 6 guided activities – 5 gastro specialities to taste! One day hike high above the sea, having the sea and islands view getting better with every step you make, and second day learn how to cook in Croatian way! A day of cultural Blaca hike on Island Brač finishing with a magnificent view on famous Bol and delicious lunch with a view on Biokovo trail just hiked a day before!
Every day awaits new activity combined with another Croatian speciality. Explore cuisine and nature of Dalmatia starting from Split, with famous Diocletian palace, continuing to Makarska Riviera (the nicest beaches in Croatia!) and finishing in Dubrovnik, the gem of Adriatic! Accommodation is all the time in magnificent villa on the beach, with sea view from every room!
There is a chance to meet snakes, wild chamois and make the best-ever pictures with a views on the most beautiful beaches in the world. Ideal chance to taste frog or eel, Dalmatian “peka” or roasted lamb. Ride in a classic old boat “Neretvanska lađa”, hike to Red and Blue lakes and tour in magic UNESCO site of Mostar - adventure is on menu every day!
Hermitage Blaca is our second tentative list UNESCO World Heritage site. With its fascinating history you will see how Glagolitic monks that lived there created a monastery from the cave, were passing the ownership of monastery and their knowledge from generation to generation. Fascinating is how much they were self-sustaining, producing their own wine, olive oil and even honey! With all that, they were well-known astronomers, owning few telescopes, their own library, and school for kids in villages nearby. Hike to Blaca monastery; guided tour in Blaca, and hike back to starting point (1,5 h walk).
After Blaca it is time for Vidova gora panoramic view, one of the best views on Croatian coast! Vidova gora is the highest peak of all islands in Adriatic, and imagine the panoramic view right above beautiful famous beach in Bol – “Zlatni rat”. After enjoying “Vidova gora”, we hurry to lunch to have taste adventure of the day on Brač! We enjoy our delicious lunch in magnificent restaurant with view on Split, and at 17:00 it is time to go back and board a ferry to Makarska. 19:30, transfer back to Tučepi. NOTE departures before 2nd June and After 3rd October leave Brac at 15:00 and have lunch on mainland, except for the ones that have Brač visit on Sunday or Holiday - because of ferry schedule. (B, P, L)
Depending on the time of the year, there will be a possibility to visit small terraces where vegetables are grown and pick-up the vegetables for cooking! Starting lunch with homemade liquors is typical Croatian custom, followed by olive oil tasting.
After lunch, a short walk to olives from which the oil was made and olive – story awaits. Walking back to accommodation will actively finish the day. (B, L)
- Min No of persons: 2
- Max No of persons: 8
- Availability: from 1.April to 10.June and from 1.September to 15.November
- Duration: 8 days
- From: Split or Dubrovnik
- Type: GUIDED walking tour
- Activity Level: 3 – Moderate.
|PRICE FROM (From 2 persons)||On request|
- Professional English speaking guide
- 7 nights in Villa Ban
- All tickets and entrances noted in program
- All transfers
- All meals noted in program (B-breakfast, P- picnic, L–Lunch, D-dinner)
- Water (please take your bottles)
- Backpack (on request)
- Walking sticks (on request)
- Dubrovnik tour or walls entrance
- Optional tours
- Gratuities (optional)
- Rewarding view from Biokovo on island Brac and Hvar Rewarding view from Biokovo on island Brac and Hvar
- Blaca Hermitage on islands Brac fascinating self-sustaining monastery Blaca Hermitage on islands Brac fascinating self-sustaining monastery
- Unforgettable view from Dubrovnik walls Unforgettable view from Dubrovnik walls
- Dalmatian hinterland undiscovered beauty Dalmatian hinterland undiscovered beauty
- UNESCO protected Mostar bridge UNESCO protected Mostar bridge
- Neretva photo safari in ladja with delicious food! Neretva photo safari in ladja with delicious food!
- Olive gathering and traditional production in Dalmatia Olive gathering and traditional production in Dalmatia
- Old stone house in Podgora, below Biokovo Old stone house in Podgora, below Biokovo
- Split with its famous Diocletian palace Split with its famous Diocletian palace
- Split view from the sea Split view from the sea
- View from Vidova gora, Brac on Zlatni rat and Hvar View from Vidova gora, Brac on Zlatni rat and Hvar