Croatia: Medieval Zagreb, White rocks, Green Lakes and Adriatic Blue Sea
Experience tree different natural beauties of Croatia: lakes, mountains and islands! Starting from Zagreb – city of million hearts, and especially popular European capital. On the list is a hike to medieval castle Medvedgrad above the city and tasting local specialities of continental Croatia. Further on program is hiking an off-the beaten-path natural beauty - strict nature reserve “White rocks” – Bijele stijene. Accommodation is in magical fantasy-driven city Ogulin just near “Kula” tower. Next day hike is in UNESCO natural heritage – “National Park Plitvice Lakes” – Plitvička jezera, an outstanding natural beauty and combination of lakes and waterfalls. Next destination of the trip is Zadar - magical city on the coast, special for the most beautiful sunset (by A. Hitchok), a Sea Organ, Roman and Venetian ruins and many more. Hiking adventure continues in National Park Paklenica, famous for its climbing areas and beautiful walks. The last hike departs from Zadar harbour with motorboat to the Long island (Dugi otok), and Nature park Telašćica with magnificent cliffs and views. This is also a crown and end day of this trip – as tomorrow is a goodbye day!
After lunch hike back and transfer to the city, with the rest of the day free to explore the city. Optional city tour. (B, L)
After a 2,5h hike and a short technical climb, a rewarding view from the top of White rocks awaits. Just below the top is a mountain lodge and a place to have picnic lunch and gain the strength for return (2,5h hike back). As this is an off-the-beaten path trail, there is a high chance to see a deer or some other wild animal! Total walking around 5h.
Short transfer to hotel in Ogulin, and after settling down and before dinner opportunity to explore this fantasy-driven city. (B, L, D)
Do not miss visiting “The greeting to the Sun”, “Sea organ” and the sunset from that place! Option is to take a guided city tour. (B)
Small city where boat stops – Sali, has its special peaceful magic! From there after a short transfer starts a hike to Nature Park Telašćica, with its special sea-cliffs (called locally “Stene”) and salt lake “Mir” (Peace). Lunch break with the view awaits, before heading back to catch a boat to Zadar. Day finishes optionally with dinner on island and choice of late ferry ride or earlier leaving the island and dinner in Zadar city. (B, L, D).
-- End of services --
- Min No of persons: 2
- Max No of persons: 11
- Availability: from 1. April to 10. June and from 1. September to 15. November
- Duration: 8 days
- From: Zagreb to Zadar
- Type: GUIDED walking tour
- Activity Level: 3 – Moderate.
|PRICE (FROM 2 persons)||On Request|
- Professional English speaking guide
- 7 nights in Small boutique hotels
- All tickets and entrances noted in program
- All transfers
- All meals noted in program (B-breakfast, L–Lunch, D-dinner)
- Backpack (on request)
- Walking sticks (on request)
- Zadar city tour
- Optional tours
- Gratuities (optional)
- Naturally shaped fingers on white rocks Naturally shaped fingers on white rocks
- Naturally shaped rock head Naturally shaped rock head
- Medieval Medvedgrad fortress above Zagreb Medieval Medvedgrad fortress above Zagreb
- National park Paklenica National park Paklenica
- UNESCO protected National Park Plitvice lakes. Source: HTZ by Ivo Biocina UNESCO protected National Park Plitvice lakes. Source: HTZ by Ivo Biocina
- Nature Park Telascica with lake "Mir" on the Long island. Source: HTZ by Ivo Pervan Nature Park Telascica with lake "Mir" on the Long island. Source: HTZ by Ivo Pervan
- Top of the white rocks, always windy Top of the white rocks, always windy
- Idyllic trail to white rocks Idyllic trail to white rocks
- Zadar Greeting to the Sun photo point and the best sunest point! Zadar Greeting to the Sun photo point and the best sunest point!
- Zadar with its famous Sea Organ and Greeting to the Sun. Source: HTZ by Ivo Biocina Zadar with its famous Sea Organ and Greeting to the Sun. Source: HTZ by Ivo Biocina
- Zagreb from the old city Gradec Zagreb from the old city Gradec
Unless noted otherwise all photos are property of Natural Croatia